Student Senate FAQ Page

General Senate
Food Ops
Senior Class
Bryant Center
Health Services

General Senate Questions

When does the Senate meet?
Senate meets Wednesday at 4pm in Papitto in the Bryant Center

Department of Public Safety (DPS)

What is DPS?
The Department of Public Safety (DPS) is a service oriented branch of the university's Student Affairs division.  The department has twenty-two full time officers and an auxiliary force of reserve officers who are charged with assisting the campus community with various services including the enforcement of local, state, and federal laws, as well as campus rules and regulations. 
DPS is also responsible for monitoring security activities 24 hours a day on university property.  Department officers patrol the campus on foot, bicycle, motor vehicles, and on fixed posts such as the Entry Control Station at the main entrance to the campus.  Electronic patrols can also be conducted by use of surveillance cameras in the dispatch office.  All reports of crimes, minor or major, are reported to DPS.  DPS is also the campus liaison to the Smithfield Police and Fire Departments and works in close relation to both.  DPS is also responsible for parking enforcement, emergency medical services on campus, fire safety, and a variety of ancillary services including the production of identification cards and personal security escorts. 

Public Safety Website 
Emergency Line- 401-232-6911
Business Line- 401-232-6001

When is DPS available to us as students?
                DPS is on call 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

What is the Guest Policy?
                Bryant students are only allowed one guest per night.  The guest MUST be at least 18 years of age and possess a valid form of identification.  Students are held responsible for the actions of their guests while they are on campus.  It is their responsibility to brief any guest about Bryant University parking and alcohol policies.  The student must accompany their guest at all times on campus.

How do I request a guest pass?

How do I appeal a parking ticket I have received on campus?
Banner Secure Area

How do I register my vehicle on campus?
Banner Secure Area
                A decal can be obtained at the DPS office at no charge.  When registering your vehicle on
             campus you must have the vehicle registration, a University I.D. card, and a current state
             issued drivers license.   The registration form can be found in a printable form
             on main page of this web site.

Do I have to register my vehicle?
                It is against University policy to NOT have your vehicle registered.  If it is not, please do so as soon as possible to avoid any further penalties.

What fees does DPS charge?
Residence hall lockouts- $10.00 (first lockout is free)
ID card remake- $15.00
Appeal Administration Fee- $2.00 (An administration fee that is charged for each appeal submitted.  This fine is not attached if the appeal is granted or the fines are reduced.)
Incident Report Copies- $2.00

Can I appeal a parking violation?
Yes, a citation can be appealed either through the DPS website or by picking up an appeal form at the DPS office.  The Appeals Committee meets once a month and makes a ruling on all appealed citations.  The results can be sent to an e-mail address, an on campus post box, or a home address.  All appeals are final!



What is the facilities home page?
For all facility emergencies CALL 6052; emergencies include, fire alarm issues, lack of hot water, and any issues that concern your safety.

Where can I submit a work request?
Work requests can be submitted on


Junior Class Comittee

Who do I contact if I have a question/concern?
Erica Noran at
or Brian Ford at

Who are the other committee members?
Matthew Buckheit
Matthew Defeudis
Allison Dimaggio
Kimberly Franklin
Michela Giordano
Jonathan Joiner
Sara Hana
Christine Lorefice
Kelly Miranda
Diana Morey
Krystyna Sadowski
Shannon Wheeler
Shauna Yunits

Bryant Center Operations

What are the Bryant Center hours?

Bryant Center:   Monday-Friday: 7:30am-12 midnight
                 Saturday-Sunday: 10am- 12 mindnight
South Side Deli: Monday-Friday: 11am-11pm
                 Saturday-Sunday: 4:30pm-11pm
Subway:          Monday-Friday: 9am-11pm
                 Saturday-Sunday: 10am-11pm
Scoop:           Monday-Friday: 8:30a,-11:30pm
                 Saturday-Sunday: 10am-11:30pm
South Cafe:      Monday-Thursday: 11am-9pm
                 Friday: 11am-2am
                 Saturday: CLOSED
                 Sunday: 4:30pm-9pm
Second Floor

Info Desk:       Monday-Thursday: 9am-6:30pm
                 Saturday: 12pm-4pm
Shear Art:       Monday-Friday: 9am-5pm
Game Room        Monday-Friday: 9am-11:30pm
                 Saturday-Sunday: 10am-11:30pm

What offices are located on the 3rd floor?

CSI: Center for Student Involvement
Women's Center
The Archway
Commutor Connection
The Ledger
Student Senate
Student Programing Board

What services are avalible at the info desk?
Campus information, discount movie tickets, stamps, candy, free newspapers, ballons for all occasions, everyday essentials, printing, binding, and faxing services. 


Health Services

Where is Health Services?
The clinic is on the ground level of Hall 16 on the immediate right of the entryway.

What are the hours of operation?
The clinic is open:
Monday through Friday 8:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday from 11:00am - 3:00pm
*Special hours during vacation periods will be published typically through a campus-wide email.

Do I have to make an appointment?
            Yes, Health Services visits are by appointment.  Please call (401) 232-6220 to schedule a time for your visit.  
*In the event of an emergency call (401) 232-6911
*Remember to bring your Bryant ID to your appointment.

What if services are needed and Health Services is closed?
            Department of Public Safety is staffed by EMT-trained officers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
*Call (401) 232-6911 to report an emergency.

Can a prescription be ordered through Health Services?
            Yes, the nurse practitioners and doctors on staff are capable of writing prescriptions to students.


Food Operations

What are the hours of operation for the dining establishments on campus?
Breakfast.................................7:15 am - 10:30 am
Lunch.........................................10:45 am - 2:15 pm
Dinner........................................4:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Brunch....................................10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dinner.......................................5:00 pm - 7:00 pm

MONDAY-THURSDAY          7:30 am - 8:30 pm
FRIDAY                                      7:30 am - 2:00 pm

MONDAY - THURSDAY         11:30 am - 7:00 pm
FRIDAY                                       11:00 am - 3:00 pm

MONDAY - THURSDAY          11:30 am - 9:00 pm
FRIDAY                                        11:30 am - 2:00 pm
SUNDAY                                      4:30 pm - 9:00 pm

MONDAY - THURSDAY           7:30 am - 2:00 pm
                                                        5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
FRIDAY                                         7:30 am - 2:00 pm


Senior Class

Q. Who do I ask about senior events?
A. Sarah Campbell, Jarret Orndorff, or your nearest Senior Class Committee member

Q. How will I know about senior events?
A. Check your email, look for posters and flyers, and join the facebook group "Senior Class 2008!"

Q. Why does the senior class fundraise?
A. All of the funding we raise goes into reducing the cost of senior events, particularly senior week. The more money we raise now the cheaper senior week will be for everyone come May so pitch in!

Q. Is the Senior Class Committee associated with the Senior Class Gift or Bryant Senior Advisory Council?
A. No, these are all separate organizations. Some members do overlap and we have a working relationship but they are not the same groups. For SCG info contact Shelly Sobol or Michael Oliveri.